1.05.2009

Our Christmas Tree Hunt

So, as promised, and only a little late, here are the pictures of us hunting down our beautiful Christmas tree from this year. I forget if I said that we got to cut our trees down in the State Forest this year because my Mom got permits and it was cheap and fun! But, it was in the middle of deer hunting season, so there were hunters hunting on state land. Luckily my older brother, Jon, is a hunter and had plenty of blaze orange for us to wear so we wouldn't get mistaken for a herd of deer walking through the forest. We looked so funny, but it was truly a tree cutting experience that we won't forget!

Here we all are by a pretty stream.
We had a couple of blaze orange neck warmers, perfect size for Bella waist, so she had to have some blaze orange too. (Purely for safety reasons of course, not because I thought its was funny and cute!)


Mom and Bella out in the cold hunting our Christmas tree. If I remember right, I think this little thing is the one that we cut down to bring home!

I know they're hard to see, but there are actually 5 trees here and these are the ones that made the cut for us to take home! (how sad it that!)

Here we are with all the trees in the back of the truck. We thought it was pretty funny that there are 5 trees back there and we didn't even have to tie anything down because they're all so small!


Hope you all enjoyed it!




1 comment:

The Rigelsky Family said...

herd of deer...ha thats great